Hiring a wedding planner can be a great decision for many reasons. Not only do they take on the stress of planning, but they also have established relationships with vendors, can help save money, handle mishaps, and keep you on track. A planner also brings a fresh perspective, an experienced hand, and can handle bookkeeping. Additionally, many brides choose to hire a planner as a treat to themselves and to ensure they can fully enjoy their special day.
Here is a list of the 9 reasons why hiring a wedding planner is a great decision:
1) Stress and sanity! Let’s face it, planning a wedding is hard work! A wedding planner will take on all the stress so you stay sane. Your planner will be the point of contact for all the various vendors and respond to the countless phone calls and emails. Planners are there to remember all the details and ask the right question so you get exactly what you want. Plus, a planner will be there on your big day to make sure everything runs according to plan so you can enjoy every minute.
2) Vendor relationships – Part of a planners job is to spend time researching and getting to know the best vendors out there. We plan multiple events at a time and have established relationships with vendors and refer clients constantly. A vendor is more likely to negotiate with a wedding planner since they are sure to refer continuously and give them repeat business. A bride by herself is a one time customer, but a planner is a repeat one.
3) Save money – Since planners have so many relationships with vendors, we are more likely to get a better savings for you. We also know what’s important and what is unnecessary so you don’t waste your money on things you don’t need. A planner has planned countless events and knows how to make it work the first time so you don’t have to worry about ordering the wrong table sizes with linens that don’t reach the floor, or order items that are already included in your venues price.
4) Mishaps – Let’s be honest, as much as you would like your day to run exactly as planned, it’s nearly impossible to make that happen without someone there to run the day. Who is going to make sure the vendors arrive on time, the tables are set according to your vision, the cake isn’t melting, the groom has his pants for his tuxedo, and the groomsmen are where they need to be? On your wedding day, you should be focusing on getting your hair done and putting on that beautiful gown, surrounded by friends and family, not on the phone talking to the DJ who can’t find the venue.
5) To stay the course — When you first get engaged, it’s so exciting and new, all of a sudden your primary focus is on everything “wedding”. From Pinterest to magazine after magazine, it’s all you can think about. Maybe you know exactly what you want, but are having a hard time putting the pieces together so you are spending every waking second trying to figure it out! Or if you are the opposite and have absolutely NO time to throw together a large scale event. Either way, it’s incredibly easy to get off track. A planner will be there with you guiding you through the rough spots and will make it easy for you to stay on the course to your big day.
6) A fresh perspective — Sometimes, all the well-meaning advice can get a little out of hand. You have everyone you know telling you something different about the way things “should” be at YOUR wedding. A planner will listen to YOUR vision and help you create what YOU want, not what your Aunt Matilda wants. Sometimes, advice from a friend is good, but advice from a planner is always great.
7) An experienced hand — A wedding planner has been there. Most people planning a wedding have never planned a large scale event and aren’t sure of how many moving parts there are to a wedding. A planner knows. There are countless details to ensure the entire day and evening run smoothly, if certain things aren’t tended to, it can create quite the mess to clean up. They also know what questions to ask your vendors so you can trust that everything will fit together properly.
8) Book-keeping — How many vendors do I have? What’s their email? What’s their phone? When is the contract due? What dates are the payments due? When is our next appointment? Who do I still need to book? When is my fitting? Keeping track of all these things is a difficult job. Let a planner do it for you.
9) Treat yourself — Most brides who hire a planner say they did it as a gift to themselves. They understand that planning a wedding is tough and stressful. Why put yourself through that if you don’t have to? Think of a wedding planner as a wedding gift to yourself.
10) They’ve got your back. Through the whole process, they are here for you. We will be at your side every step of the way and ensure that you walk down that isle looking as stunning as ever with a smile from ear to ear.