A non-floral arrangement – what would have seemed outlandish to older generations is quickly becoming increasingly popular among new brides. With a limitless range of materials and designs at their fingertips, brides are finding creative ways to coordinate their modern bouquets with every imaginable setting and color scheme, while simultaneously reflecting personalities and what they individually cherish.
Non-floral arrangements are an ideal alternative for those brides who want their ceremony to be eco-friendly; in order to have the colorful, exotic blooms so many of us lusts after, the flowers often need to be shipped from across the seas, leaving quite a substantial carbon footprint. Furthermore, most of these flowers are grown in greenhouses where they are continuously sprayed with pesticides to maintain their “freshness.” When featuring non-floral arrangements, you don’t have to worry about such issues, especially during the colder months.
Here are some ideas for Non-Floral Arrangements you can use at your event:
- Candles: Create a warm and romantic ambiance with a variety of candles in different shapes, sizes and scents.
- Books: Use a stack of books as a unique centerpiece. You can choose books that have special meaning to the party’s theme or the guest of honor.
- Lanterns: Use lanterns in different sizes and styles to create a dramatic effect. You can also add some candles to the lanterns for a warm glow.
- Citrus: Use a variety of citrus fruits, such as lemons, limes, and oranges, in a vase or shaved to look like flowers for a fresh and colorful centerpiece.
- Succulents: Use a variety of succulent plants in a container for a natural and rustic centerpiece
- Feathers: Use feathers in different colors, sizes, and styles to create an eye-catching centerpiece.
- Shells: Use a variety of shells in different sizes and colors to create a beachy and natural centerpiece.
- Glassware: Use a variety of glassware such as vases, bowls, and jars to create a beautiful and elegant centerpiece.
- Picture frames: Use a variety of picture frames to create a unique and personal centerpiece. You can fill them with photos of the guest of honor or photos related to the party’s theme.
- Sculpture: Use a sculpture as a centerpiece to add an artistic and unique touch to the table. You can choose a sculpture that is related to the party’s theme or the guest of honor.