Coordinating bridesmaids dresses is tricky. More often than not you are working with a variety of different body types, skin tones, and hair cuts, which really complicates the process of picking the right dress for each attendant. To really throw a wrench into things, mismatched bridesmaids dresses have become all the rage as of late making the coordination a tad trickier. If you’re into this on-trend medley of bridesmaids attire, take note of these 5 tips to create a perfectly coordinated crew of ladies for your big day.
1. Decide what aspect you are going to mismatch. You don’t just have to mix and match colors, you can also have everyone wear the same color but in different styles, or you can play with different materials and textures. If you’re really daring, try mismatching all three!
2. Select a color scheme. If there is a marquee color for your big day, be sure to base the dresses on various tones of that central color or are pick shades that are within the same color family. If you’re not especially savvy with color matching, stop by your local hardware store and grab a fan of paint samples to get inspired.
3. Make an inspiration board. As any modern bride may already know, Pinterest is an incredible visual resource. By pinning all of the dresses and accessories you are considering onto a single board you will be better able to imagine how everything will look together on the big day.
4. Let your maids pick out their dresses. No one knows your body better than yourself and the same goes for your bridesmaids. If you can outline the basics of what each girl needs to look for in a dress, she will feel empowered to find something that looks best with her unique figure.
5. Tie it all together. One of the best ways to tie mismatched dresses together is by selecting a uniform element that each girl can wear. Whether it’s a necklace or even a fun pair of shoes—I think a common item that each maid can wear makes the overall look more cohesive.
More Ways to Mix & Match
Seeing as there are dozens of ways to mismatch your bridesmaids’ dresses, we thought we’d list out a few more ideas to get the wheels turning:
Same dress in different colors
Same dress in different lengths
Same color, different dress
Same color, different textures and/or patterns
Same dress, different accessories or beauty looks
Same color, length, fabric, different dress
Same designer, different dress
About Chez Vous Caterers
Staten Island caterers, Chez Vous catering and party rentals, proudly serves the entire New York City area.
With over 20 years in the business Chez Vous proudly offers elegant service at inspiring pricing. Catering, Party Rentals, and Planning are available for Weddings, Sweet Sixteens, Birthdays, Baby Showers, Corporate Events, and any other gathering that requires great food and service.
Staten Island Off-Premise Catering Service
If you are hosting an event at your home or another unique location, let us provide the food, staff, tables, and chairs necessary to transform any space into an elegant environment.
To contact us about catering at our home or yours, contact us at: (718) 720-0900